The Finance Assistant will assist in the administration of the financial/business functions within Harpoon. Assisting the Finance department, the Finance Assistant will perform tasks with work priorities and general instructions provided by their supervisor.
- A/R data entry and review
- A/P data entry and review
- Scan, copy, and file documents.
- Research and answer vendor inquiries.
- Assist accounting departmental personnel with proper expenditure coding, document processing and other accounting related activities.
- Other administrative duties supporting MBBC, subsidiaries, affiliates
- Conduct day-to-day financial transactions such as invoicing, payments, banking and petty cash.
- Manage and maintain accurate and timely procedures for performing checks on invoices, the accurate input of transactions to the computerized accounting package and preparation of payment to suppliers.
- Any other reasonable duties as specified by the Finance team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working towards and Accounting degree or degree in similar field is preferred. Experience in accounting performing the above mentioned duties can substitute for the degree requirement.
- The Financial Accountant must stay abreast in his/her field.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting systems. Software knowledge should include working knowledge of various accounting packages, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to make oral presentations, and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line of the email.
Please do not stop by or call.