Packaging Line Manager
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in packaging.
- Actively supervises packaging operations and inspects containers to verify conformance to specifications.
- Responsible for consistent communications and conducting line meetings with staff.
- Inspects raw materials prior to packaging and communicates and issues to the Purchasing Manager.
- Knowledgeable on company policies and procedures and administers them in a fair and consistent manner.
- Starts, adjusts, and repairs packaging machinery, and notifies maintenance department of and equipment related issues.
- Trains workers in operation of equipment and position responsibilities.
- Performs CIP and SIP’s on all packaging equipment.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly sanitation and cleaning log books.
- Take part in daily cleaning of all equipment.
- Maintain the packaging lines in a GMP state at all times.
- Ability to perform QA and QC checks on all packaged product while running the line.
- Ensure business metrics and or goals are met.
- Perform month end raw material inventory counts.
- Maintain accurate production reporting at all times.
- Ability to operate equipment that utilizes PLC software and HMI’s.
- Responsible for reviewing, writing and updating SOP’s.
- Ability to supervise more than one line or process at a time.
- Ensures daily production records are filled out completely and accurately.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience and qualifications required:
- Minimum of 4 years packaging or 5 year manufacturing experience.
- BA/BS in management or business preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- GMP manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of SOP’s
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer.
- Previous Supervisory/Leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work independently as well as with the packaging team.
- Ability to identify tasks that need to be completed. Ability to assign and delegate.
- Knowledge of Micro-Soft Office applications.
- Knowledge of ERP inventory management system.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Working on feet all day. Wet, cold & noisy area, working with strong chemicals. Repetitive handling of 20+ lbs cases.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line of the email.
Please do not stop by or call.