Beer Captain - Boston Beer Hall
Harpoon Beer Hall Beer Captains will be a key component of the visitor’s experience at the Harpoon Brewery Beer Hall. Beer Captains will lead tours of the brewery and a tasting of Harpoon beer, pour beers in the Beer Hall, work the retail space, and operate the high speed growler filling station. The Beer Captain’s people skills, inherent enthusiasm, and the ability to make each visitor feel special is an essential factor in day to day operation. The Beer Captains are our front line of representing a leading craft beer brand, and standards of job performance and professionalism are set accordingly. The position reports to the Beer Hall General Manager.
The candidate must be a mature, team player who has a genuine enthusiasm for beer, Harpoon and people. Personal integrity, people skills, and professionalism are a prerequisite.
- Providing informative tours and tastings at the Boston brewery
- Merchandise/beer stocking and maintenance
- Selling merchandise and beer at the Beer Hall retail center
- Operating electronic cash register
- Greeting visitors to the brewery
- Pouring beers, changing kegs, cleaning glassware
- Opportunities to work additional hours at periodic Harpoon festivals and promotional programs
Dependability, enthusiasm, cheerful and professional demeanor, a willingness to learn, a demonstrated interest in beer. A background in the retail or bar/restaurant industry is preferred. Must be 21 plus.
Send resume and a detailed cover letter to:
Please do not stop by or call.