Celebrate National PB & J Day with UFO Raspberry Jam
By: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing Published:
You can tell a lot about somebody from the way they prefer their PB & J. What’s their peanut butter to jelly ratio? White or wheat? Creamy or Crunchy? Jam or Jelly? Whole, rectangle, or triangle? Personally, I’m a 60/40 J to PB, wheat, creamy, rectangle, beer jam type of lady. That’s right, beer jam. In honor of PB & J Day, I took my go to lunch sandwich up a notch, and whipped up some homemade UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen Jam. The scent of fresh raspberries in this beer hits the nose immediately, along with a subtle bready aroma from the wheat and yeast; it’s a perfect addition to the classic PB & J.
I’m not sure what my PB & J style says about me, but the next time a co-worker walks by and chuckles at my seemingly pathetic sandwich, the joke's on them!
UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen Jam
- 1 cup UFO Raspberry
- 1 1/2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar (more or less depending on your preferred level of sweetness)
- 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Reduce the UFO Raspberry in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. About 15 minutes.
- While the UFO Raspberry reduces, combine the berries with the sugar and mash. Add as much sugar as you like to taste. I like mine a little on the tart side. Using a fork, gently mash until no full raspberries remain.
- Add the berries to the UFO Raspberry, add lemon juice, and cook over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir regularly to keep the mixture from bubbling.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!