Harpoon IPA Hamburger
By: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing Published:
Happy National Hamburger Day! Monday marked the unofficial start of summer and while the temps in New England don’t exactly scream summer today, it would be just plain wrong not to fire up your grill and invite some friends over after work.
A short work week, hump day BBQ, beer burgers… does it get much better folks?! Now if only @HiddenCash would come to Boston… Enjoy!
Harpoon IPA Hamburgers
Makes 4-5 burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tbsp. Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Harpoon IPA
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix in the beer until absorbed by the meat mixture. Form into patties.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness. Cook until golden brown and slightly charred on the second side, 4 minutes for medium rare (3 minutes if topping with cheese).
- Customize your burger— add cheese, bacon, ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, and your other favorite fixings and enjoy!