By: Sweet Baby Ray's Published:
We hope you're having a great summer! Our good friends over at Sweet Baby Ray’s created this mouthwatering marinade made with Camp Wannamango which is sure to up your grilling game! Check out their step-by-step video to recreate the magic at home. If you give them a try, tag us in your photos and use #lovebeerlovelife so we can see what you create!
Brewmaster Grilled Sirloin Steak with Camp Wannamango
By: Harpoon BBQ Fest Veterans Published:
On July 23rd and 24th, barbecue teams from around the country will travel to our brewery in Windsor, VT for the 2016 Harpoon Brewery BBQ Fest. Not only will teams be serving up dishes to be judged, but most will be dishing out loads of brisket, turkey, chicken, ribs, sausage (basically anything that can be BBQ’ed) along with sweet treats for purchase. And of course, we’ll have a wide variety of your favorite Harpoon beers available to help you wash it all down.
This festival is an absolute blast but it’s a lot to take in. So to help you out, we compiled some tips to help you maximize your festival experience:
Prepare your bod: Consider staying away from meat for the week leading up to the festival and focus on filling your plate with fruits and veggies.
- Bring a designated driver: We’ll have plenty of beers on tap for you to enjoy all weekend long. Plan ahead and make sure you have your transportation to and from the festival figured out ahead of time.
- More Friends = More Food: This one seems obvious but the more friends you bring to the festival, the more variety of foods you’ll open your palate too…
- Pace yourself: With 36 barbecue masterminds at the festival, pace yourself. There’s no judgment if you only make it through half!
- Stay hydrated: "Meat Sweats," is a real thing, hopefully, you took tip number 1 seriously. Add a beer or two on top of all that meat and trust us, water will be your best friend.
- Bring an extra shirt, or two: Spills are bound to happen, and being prepared is key. It also doesn’t hurt to change up your appearance to thwart any suspicion that this is your 5th time snagging a sample from the same vendor…
- Leave room for dessert: We know what you’re thinking, just what I need, more food! There will be fried dough, fried candy bars, fried cookies, and pretty much anything non-meat related that can be fried, fried. Some desserts will even be made using our beer!
- Leave your dog at home: Have we mentioned how much meat will be at the festival? That means there will be lots of bones, hot grills, and trash that we’d hate for your dog to get into.
- Take a Tour of the Brewery: We get it: there’s world-class food outside. Just don’t forget that we have world-class beer inside. Let our brewers show you were all the beer magic happens on a guided brewery tour!
- Get Here Early: This is one of our biggest festivals of the year, and while we’ve got plenty of parking, it pays to get to the brewery early for that primo spot. The early bird gets the worm, or in this case, pulled pork BBQ sandwiches the size of your head and more meat than you’ve seen in your entire life.
So there you have it – 10 tips to ensure you have the best weekend ever. If your mouth isn’t watering, you may want to check your pulse!