By: Harpoon Marketing Published:
There aren’t many places on Earth where warmer days can be quite as beautiful as here in New England. When we do get one of our great stretches of warm weather, think of your options of where to enjoy it: The Cape, The Islands, The Greens, The Whites, Mount Desert and Block Island, Moosehead Lake, The Berkshires, The Esplanade, etc. The list goes on and on!
Luckily, we have a great beer for each and every one of those special places - Harpoon IPA, Summer Beer, Craft Cider, UFO White, and UFO Big Squeeze Shandy. They are all conveniently available in cans as well, which mean the possibilities of where you can take Harpoon this summer are endless! No matter how you enjoy the sunny days ahead, cheers to summer and the delicious beers that come with it!
By: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing Published:
One of my favorite things about this time of year is that brunch season is finally back. Friends, good food, day drinking - it doesn't get much better. If I'm not at one of my favorite brunch spots, I'm having friends over to enjoy the nice weather on my rooftop in Southie.
For me, UFO Big Squeeze is a complete brunch time game-changer; I can't get enough of it! That's why I used it to whip up this easy bundt cake that’s perfect for your brunch time gatherings. Since we used natural grapefruit juice in our shandy, this cake screams summer without over-powering your taste buds. And if your friends are anything like mine, you won't be able to stock up on UFO Big Squeeze, or make this bundt cake, fast enough!
UFO Big Squeeze Bundt Cake
Serves 8 – 10 people
Adapted from Yummly
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp. grapefruit zest (about two grapefruits worth)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup UFO Big Squeeze Shandy, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup UFO Big Squeeze Shandy
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp, plus 2 tsp. grapefruit juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, rub the sugar and zest together with your fingertips until the sugar is moist and fragrant. Add the eggs to the bowl with the sugar and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and the whisk leaves a trail. With the mixer running, add UFO Big Squeeze, then the oil and finally the vanilla. With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients, beating just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the syrup: Combine the grapefruit juice, UFO Big Squeeze, and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then continue to simmer for 1 minute.
- When you remove the cake from the oven, transfer to a wire rack (still in the loaf pan). Immediately use a skewer to poke deep holes into the cake (about 3/4-inch apart). Brush the cake with the syrup, pausing as necessary to allow it to soak in. Keep brushing the cake until you’ve used all of the syrup.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes after you’ve brushed it with the syrup, then turn it out onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make the glaze: In a medium bowl, stir the confectioners’ sugar and grapefruit juice together until the glaze is smooth – it should be thick but with a pourable consistency. Drizzle over the cake allowing the glaze to drip down the sides. Let the glaze set before serving. Enjoy!