By: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing Published:
Few things scream summer more than grilling and easy-drinking beers. So we combined our love for both with this simple beer marinade made with our new summer seasonal, Camp Wannamango. With a slight hop bitterness, malty sweetness, and mango finish, this pale ale is the perfect marinade ingredient for your next grill session. Just be sure to tuck away a bottle or can for the marinade before your friends come over… Enjoy!
Camp Wannamango Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa
1 lime, juiced
1 (12 fluid ounce) can/bottle Camp Wannamango
zest from one mango
1 teaspoon honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3 ripe mangos, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
½ cup chopped red onion
¼ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
1 large lime, juiced (about ¼ cup lime juice)
1 to ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
For the chicken:
- In a bowl, mix the lime juice, mango zest, beer, honey, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper until the honey dissolves. Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade. Grill chicken until tender and juices run clear, about 7 minutes per side.
For the Mango Salsa:
- In a serving bowl, combine the prepared mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Drizzle with the juice of one lime and mix well. Season to taste with salt. For best flavor, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes or longer.
By: Abbott's Frozen Custard Published:
Have you ever wanted to drink your beer and eat your custard too? Ok, maybe you haven’t had that exact thought BUT I bet you’re curious now? Our good friends over at Abbott’s Frozen Custard took their love of custard (obviously!) and their excitement over new Camp Wannamango, to create a refreshing beer float you must try this summer. Beer + Frozen Custard = Happiness…. Enjoy!
- 1 scoop Abbott’s Wannamango Mango custard*
- 1 can Camp Wannamango
- ¼ cup of 4-Ingredient Strawberry Syrup (or store-bought)
- Whipped Cream
* Abbott's Frozen Custard is located in Brighton, MA and Needham, MA. Check them out!
- Pour Camp Wannamango beer into tall glass about 1/2 way.
- Drop 1 (heaping) scoop of Abbott’s Camp Wannamango Mango custard into glass.
- Pour ¼ cup of strawberry syrup into glass, followed by the remainder of the beer.
- Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of strawberry syrup.
4-Ingredient Strawberry Syrup
- 3 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a gentle simmer until the strawberries are soft and the syrup is thickened and reduced by 1/3 to ½ in volume, approximately 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Syrup will thicken upon standing so simply whisk in more water to reach desired consistency if needed. Chill syrup before using in Camp Wannamango Summer Float.