By: Elizabeth Howland, Visitor Center Assistant Manager, Windsor, VT Published:
We all know how amazing it is to have a good hearty breakfast to start your day; and pancakes and waffles have always been a staple in my family. When I was growing up, every Sunday morning my sister and I would mix up my grandmother’s homemade batter and wake my mom up to help us cook pancakes and waffles; just the way she had when she was a girl.
Recently, I realized I had a little beer left in the growler I’d brought home, so I decided to try our 100 Barrel Series beer - # 49 Brown IPA in my batter. The sweet, roasted notes of chocolate and honey malts in our Brown IPA make for a unique batter that literally melts in your mouth. And the best part is, it’s super easy to whip up!
Grandma’s (Updated) Beer Waffles
Makes about 5 waffles or about 12 pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups Harpoon 100 Barrel Series Beer - #49 Brown IPA
- Add all wet ingredients into dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer or with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Drop about a half of a cup of batter into a waffle maker (great for pancakes too!).
- One batch yields about 5 waffles or 12-15 small to medium pancakes, or 6-10 medium large size.
- You can double or triple the recipe when needed. Also great to use for waffles too!
- Last but not least, make sure to use lots of Vermont Maple Syrup on your homemade beer pancakes or waffles!
By: Harpoon Digital Marketing Team Published:
To make the most of “Spring” and welcome our new seasonal beer, The Long Thaw White IPA, we asked you to show us how you were enjoying #TheLongThaw for a chance to win The Best Weekend Ever with Harpoon and other cool prizes. And a Long Thaw it’s been indeed! For the past two months, entries poured in from around the country on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter of all the ways you’ve been enjoying The Long Thaw. 250 of you out there won yourself a Long Thaw long sleeve t-shirt for being among the first to enter. Others, who won our daily drawing for Harpoon St. Pat’s Fest tickets, got to party with us in Boston last weekend!
Whether you were hoping for more snow or anxious for warmer days, we had a blast celebrating our new seasonal beer with you and seeing all the ways you enjoyed both it and The Long Thaw. You proved that no matter how fickle “Spring” in New England can be, we can all enjoy #TheLongThaw together!
Congratulations to our winners!
Grand Prize (The Best Weekend Ever with Harpoon - VIP status for a weekend of your choice with a friend):
- Joe Devanna, MA
1st Place (The Long Thaw Gift Pack):
- Diane Mulk, NY
- Stephen Feather, GA
- Alex Gartenberg, NJ
2nd Place ($50 Gift Card to Harpoon Brewery or the Harpoon eStore):
- Kelly Gabany, PA
- Greg Soutiea, MA
- Diana Pinzon, RI
- Alex Blouin, Washington, D.C.
- Suzanne Fleming, TN
For official promotion rules, prize details, and selection of winners, please visit http://www.thelongthaw.com/rules.html