By: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing Manager Published:
While on the road during our Squeeze the Most Out of Summer Tour, a stop at Barrel in Washington, D.C. opened our eyes to the beautiful world of beer cocktails. Their mixologists’ created two awesome cocktails you can easily whip up at home using UFO Big Squeeze. Beer cocktails are best when using bold beers, which is why Big Squeeze is the perfect mixer with its intense grapefruit flavor. Give them a try before summer is over!
The Big Short
1.0 oz. Aperol
1.0 oz. Dolin Rouge Vermouth de Chambéry
- Build in a glass with ice
- Top to brim with UFO Big Squeeze
- Garnish with an orange slice
Charizard is Overrated
.76 oz. Cynar
.75 oz. Clement orange liquor
.75 oz. lime
- Muddle 5-6 mint leaves, fill glass with ice
- Top with UFO Big Squeeze
- Garnish with mint
By: Liz Melby, Harpoon Communications Director Published:
It may be the smallest state in the US, but Rhode Island sure knows how to pack in a ton of summer fun! From beers on the beach to overlooking lovely Providence, our Lil’ Rhody stop (Aug. 4-6) on the Squeeze the Most Out of Summer Tour made for three BIG fun-filled days. There are plenty of summer days ahead, so even if you weren’t able to join us you can still enjoy all the awesome places to have great beers outside in RI. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Hot Club. With a name like that, need we say more? Yes, because it’s that good. With great views and UFO White on tap, this outdoor bar along the Providence River is the perfect place to meet up with your friends to enjoy the sunset after a long day of work. Watch the riverboats glide by as you soak in the golden afternoon sun…and golden-hued beer.
2. If you need to feel like you’re on a vacation (without spending the money or taking any actual vacation time) head to Paddy’s Beach Club. There’s nothing like drinking a fresh UFO beer with the sand under your feet and the sound of ocean waves on the shore. Right on Misquamicut Beach – and we mean right on the beach – this place is the pinnacle of outdoor drinking establishments. In fact…we want to go to there…right now…
3. One of the best parts about summer in Rhode Island is that there are so many ways to get out and be active. One of our favorite ways? Rent a kayak at the Kayak Centre in Wickford, RI., pack some UFO cans in a cooler, and head to your own private island! After all that kayaking and private island-ing, you’ll surely have worked up an appetite…and more of a thirst. Take a 3-minute drive up the road to the Oak Hill Tavern in North Kingstown for the best BBQ in town. And UFO on tap.
We loved our stop in Rhode Island and know that there are many more adventures to discover. So we’ll be back!