By: Abbott's Frozen Custard Published:
Have you ever wanted to drink your beer and eat your custard too? Ok, maybe you haven’t had that exact thought BUT I bet you’re curious now? Our good friends over at Abbott’s Frozen Custard took their love of custard (obviously!) and their excitement over new Camp Wannamango, to create a refreshing beer float you must try this summer. Beer + Frozen Custard = Happiness…. Enjoy!
- 1 scoop Abbott’s Wannamango Mango custard*
- 1 can Camp Wannamango
- ¼ cup of 4-Ingredient Strawberry Syrup (or store-bought)
- Whipped Cream
* Abbott's Frozen Custard is located in Brighton, MA and Needham, MA. Check them out!
- Pour Camp Wannamango beer into tall glass about 1/2 way.
- Drop 1 (heaping) scoop of Abbott’s Camp Wannamango Mango custard into glass.
- Pour ¼ cup of strawberry syrup into glass, followed by the remainder of the beer.
- Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of strawberry syrup.
4-Ingredient Strawberry Syrup
- 3 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a gentle simmer until the strawberries are soft and the syrup is thickened and reduced by 1/3 to ½ in volume, approximately 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Syrup will thicken upon standing so simply whisk in more water to reach desired consistency if needed. Chill syrup before using in Camp Wannamango Summer Float.
By: Digital Marketing, Harpoon Brewery Published:
These tips + your awesomeness = #bestweekendever.
We’re turning 30 this year, and with age comes knowledge and wisdom. We’ve hosted countless festivals and we’ve learned a thing or two over the years. Since we’re friends, here are 9 Harpoon #ProTips to make this year’s HarpoonFest the best yet. We’ll see you May 20th and 21st!
- You’ve heard it before: “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” When you’re going to a beer festival, you will live or die by this statement. #Protip: Eat breakfast/lunch.
- HarpoonFest is rain or shine. We’re praying for the sunshine, but we’ll be celebrating even if it’s pouring. #Protip: Check your weather app and plan your summer fashion accordingly.
- There will probably be lines to get in. Even your mean tweets won’t make the lines shorter. Please note: the doors close at 9pm on Friday and 5:30pm on Saturday. #Protip: Get here early. Like really, really early.
- There’s a magical place inside the festival referred to internally as the “back bar”. This truly beautiful place has the same beer as the other two bars, with a fraction of the people. It's the Sweet Spot Lounge. Go there and be free, friends. #Protip: Don’t forget about the Sweet Spot Lounge.
- We are all adults’ right? OK then. For the love of all things holy, please don't throw your cup on the ground and then stomp on it. Just don’t do it. And if you’re reading this and thinking “What kind of monster would do such a thing?!” that’s exactly what we say…every year. #Protip: Refrain from throwing your plastic souvenir cup on the ground, you monster.
- Plan ahead so you can get back to wherever you plan on sleeping, safely. #Protip: Use public transportation or decide on a DD ahead of time.
- Nothing ruins your festival experience like having to go cell phone fishing in a porta potty. It happens every year to a handful of poor souls. Don’t be a statistic. #Protip: Remove your phone from your back pocket before you enter the porta potty.
- You can certainly show up to HarpoonFest solo, but coming with a group is recommended. They can 1. Tell you when you have mustard on your face, 2. Hold your hand as you weave through the crowd, and 3. Spot you a beer ticket when you’re in need. #Protip: come with friends, preferably your reliable, fun ones.
- We love being in the Seaport. And the Seaport loves us. Help us keep the love alive by being respectful when you leave the festival. You want us to keep throwing huge festivals right?! #Protip: Have fun, drink responsibly, follow tip #6, and be respectful of our awesome neighbors.
Ready for HarpoonFest?! Get the details here!