By: Jesse Brenneman, Harpoon Cellar Manager Published:
November is a special time of year here at Harpoon. Most of the year is spent by the brewing staff sporting the industry-obligatory beard. November, however, is a long, slow month of ever increasing face mange, culminating in a shocking one-day transition to e-marvel. That’s right, our Annual Harpoon Mustache competition is happening November 1st, and this marks our 7th straight year.
Two years ago we teamed up with the Movember organization, an exceptionally proactive voice for promoting men’s health issues and awareness. This year we are back at it again (with a Harpoon twist), growing out our beards and shaving them down at the end of November to one singularly spectacular mustache.
While this competition is meant to solidify us as a team while enjoying the awkward awesomeness of seeing co-workers transform into often creepy looking people, Movember adds a second dimension. Our efforts are rewarded by friends, family, and loyal Harpoon customers through their generous donations to our team. Harpoon’s Private Stache raised over $6,000 for the Movember organization last year and we’re hoping to have another banner year.
We’ll be keeping everyone posted via our website and Twitter with #HarpoonMovember so you can all enjoy the progress throughout the month.
If you’d like to make a donation to our team head over to moteam.co/harpoon-s-private-stache, click the “DONATE TO TEAM” button at the top, and search for our team, Harpoon’s Private Stache.
By: Harpoon Brewery Staff Published:
Happy National Cat Day! Here’s some furry friends proving that catnip’s nice but beer is better.
- We’re out of beer human. Go get more right meow.
Photo cred: Alex Swensen, Harpoon IT Support Specialist
- Be honest, does this box make me look fat?
Photo cred: @matt_niermeyer on Instagram
- What do you mean that’s the last Pumpkin Cider?!
Photo cred: @tessieknight on Instragram
- You could have at least knocked.
Photo cred: @lleud on Instagram
- No pawparrazzi please
Photo cred: @imyercupcake on Instagram
- This is my last one… before my next one.
Photo cred: @Emily_Sexton26 on Twitter
- Say nothing. They’ll blame the dog!
Photo cred: @drunk_cats_of_ig on Instagram
- I prefer the finer things in life.
Photo cred: David Kushner, Harpoon Cellarman
- Oh, I’m sorry. Did you want some of this?
- Thumbs would be particularly helpful right meow.
Photo cred: Nick Corrado, Brewery Representative
- So, the litter box was full…again.
- Keep your friends close and your beer closer.
Photo cred: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing
- I double cat dare you to take this from me.
Photo cred: @PirateguyEd on Twitter
- I woke up like this.
Photo cred: Brielle d'Estries, Brewery Representative
- Oh, I didn’t expect you home so soon.
Photo cred: Charlie Storey, Harpoon President
- Post Harpoon cat nap? I love the way you think.
Photo cred: Kevin Eibensteiner, Brewery Representative