By: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing Manager Published:
In March, we announced our new summer seasonal offering, Camp Wannamango. Here at the Brewery, we were on cloud nine. We cracked open Camp Wannamango as a company and raved over its crisp, not over the top mango deliciousness, and we couldn’t wait to tell our fans.
But something happened. While most rejoiced with us over the new seasonal, proclaiming it would be their new summer go-to, others were furious. Fans of our former summer seasonal, Summer Beer, let us hear it; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, email, snail mail (seriously, people wrote us hand written letters), and some even stormed the brewery. Ok, so no one actually stormed the brewery BUT we know some of you thought about it! The point is, we ticked some of you off, and that’s just not cool.
But you see, we knew when we released Harpoon Camp Wannamango that something equally great was coming in May. Cue: Harpoon Sweet Spot.
The 5 stages of Summer Beer Grief is real. But the struggle is over because we’ve added Harpoon Sweet Spot, a Golden Ale very similar to our Summer Kölsch, to our year-round offerings. So no longer are you confined to a mere 3 months of enjoying the style you’ve come to love, you can have it every day….forever.
The 5 Stages of Summer Beer Grief, as told by our Friends of Harpoon:
“I just heard from my local beer store that there will not be a Harpoon Summer this year. I have never been more disappointed in my entire life. Like canceling Christmas! Wow, I don't even know what to say... please tell me this is not true.” Leo, Friend of Harpoon
“Bring back Summer Beer you IDIOTS! You are robbing us all and ruining summer.” - Rory, Friend of Harpoon
“Please, please, please bring back the original seasonal Summer Beer. I’ll do ANYTHING!” – Lisa, Facebook Fan
“What happened to Harpoon Summer? I have been waiting all bloody winter for that taste of sunshine in a can. Tell me it ain't so?!?! Thanks for the memories, this truly is a sad day for me” – Bill, Friend of Harpoon
“You almost let me down Harpoon but you really turned it around. Thanks for Sweet Spot! – Mary, Rejuvenated Friend of Harpoon
Find Harpoon Sweet Spot near you and tell us what you think!
By: Sweet Baby Ray's & Harpoon Brewery Published:
Beer and barbecue. Barbecue and beer. Some things are just made for one another.
That's why we got together with our friends at Sweet Baby Ray's and created a list of Backyard Party Must-Haves to go along with the best beer and the sweetest sauce in the land.
- Cooler - Plus: Ice, ice and more ice!
- Beer Koozies for All - Can't have those drinks getting warm.
- Chairs with Cupholders - Keep your friends close and your beverages closer.
- Multi-Purpose Grilling Tools - A spatula with a bottle opener comes to mind...
- Lawn Games - We're big on bocce, but any game will do.
- Sweet Tunes - Charge up your wireless speakers and get your playlists ready!
- Recycling Bin - Make sure those bottles get where they belong.
- Paper Towels - Do yourself a favor and clean as you go.
- Shades - Find the perfect blend of style and safety.
- Good Buddies - The secret to a successful Backyard Party is proper promotion. Get your event on the calendar now!