By: Stoked Wood Fired Pizza Co. Published:
When we asked Stoked Wood Fired Pizza Co. Co-founders Scott Riebling and Toirm Miller, why cooking was their Take 5, the answer was simple: food brings people together. They weren’t willing to fork over their dough recipe (we tried!) but they did share with us their beer braised pulled pork. They serve this mouthwatering pork on a pizza with fire roasted jalapeños and their house made BBQ sauce (recipe also below!). Taking 5 for cooking, Stoked style, is now in your wheelhouse. Because no good story every started with, “so I was eating salad…”
Take 5 Braised Pulled Pork
Makes 8-10 servings (depending on what you are making and who you are feeding!)
- 5 pound Boston Butt (bone in)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 bottle of Harpoon Take 5
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2/3 of a cup of ketchup
- 4 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Combine dry ingredients and rub over pork butt. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 500. Unwrap pork and place in a roasting pan. Cook around 40 minutes until browned. Remove pork from oven and lower to 325. Pour the beer over the pork and rub the pork with the garlic. Wrap the pork in foil and poke a few holes in the top of foil.
- Cook for 3 hours or until the meat is easily pulled away from the bone.
- Remove the butt from the pan and pour juices into a sauce pan.
- For the sauce, add all of the ingredients together. Bring sauce to a simmer and reduce by half.
- While the sauce is simmering pull apart the pork. Pour finished sauce over pulled pork and mix thoroughly.
By: Digital Marketing Published:
Nothing gets the party started like a good playlist…you can thank Will Dailey for this one! Check back soon for the ultimate party playlist!