By: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing Published:
Whether you’re ready for it or not, winter, at least here in New England, has arrived. And while the warmer months have their advantages, with winter comes great beers and plenty of entertaining opportunities. Our new gingerbread-inspired beer, UFO Gingerland, epitomizes what makes this time of year so great. Brewed for the winter season, this unfiltered spiced wheat beer, brewed with cinnamon, clove, and ginger has a malty sweetness and a crisp ginger finish. As you start planning for friendsgiving and holiday parties, don’t forget the UFO Gingerland. And if you really want to be the host with the most, give these UFO Gingerland donuts a whirl.
UFO Gingerland Donuts
Makes about 12 donuts
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. dried buttermilk powder
- 4 large eggs
- 6 oz. UFO Gingerland
- 8 tbsp. melted butter and cooled
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter and let cool. Sift all dry ingredients together into large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter and UFO Gingerland until well-blended. Grease the donut pan with a generous amount of butter or baking spray.
- Pour the liquid blend into the dry ingredients all at once, and mix until just blended. Resist the urge to over mix!
- Fill each donut form half full. Bake for 9-12 minutes (for regular size donuts). Remove pan from oven and let cool completely.
- For the cream cheese frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and butter; mixing until well-combined and fluffy - roughly 2 minutes.
- Gradually add in confectioners' sugar. Once the confectioners' sugar is completely incorporated, mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Mix in vanilla and milk. If frosting appears to be too thick, slowly add in a little more milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Frost when donuts are cooled, add sprinkles (obviously) and enjoy!
By: Jesse Brenneman, Harpoon Cellar Manager Published:
November is a special time of year here at Harpoon. Most of the year is spent by the brewing staff sporting the industry-obligatory beard. November, however, is a long, slow month of ever increasing face mange, culminating in a shocking one-day transition to e-marvel. That’s right, our Annual Harpoon Mustache competition is happening November 1st, and this marks our 7th straight year.
Two years ago we teamed up with the Movember organization, an exceptionally proactive voice for promoting men’s health issues and awareness. This year we are back at it again (with a Harpoon twist), growing out our beards and shaving them down at the end of November to one singularly spectacular mustache.
While this competition is meant to solidify us as a team while enjoying the awkward awesomeness of seeing co-workers transform into often creepy looking people, Movember adds a second dimension. Our efforts are rewarded by friends, family, and loyal Harpoon customers through their generous donations to our team. Harpoon’s Private Stache raised over $6,000 for the Movember organization last year and we’re hoping to have another banner year.
We’ll be keeping everyone posted via our website and Twitter with #HarpoonMovember so you can all enjoy the progress throughout the month.
If you’d like to make a donation to our team head over to moteam.co/harpoon-s-private-stache, click the “DONATE TO TEAM” button at the top, and search for our team, Harpoon’s Private Stache.