By: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing Published:
Happy National Hamburger Day! Monday marked the unofficial start of summer and while the temps in New England don’t exactly scream summer today, it would be just plain wrong not to fire up your grill and invite some friends over after work.
A short work week, hump day BBQ, beer burgers… does it get much better folks?! Now if only @HiddenCash would come to Boston… Enjoy!
Harpoon IPA Hamburgers
Makes 4-5 burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tbsp. Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Harpoon IPA
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix in the beer until absorbed by the meat mixture. Form into patties.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness. Cook until golden brown and slightly charred on the second side, 4 minutes for medium rare (3 minutes if topping with cheese).
- Customize your burger— add cheese, bacon, ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, and your other favorite fixings and enjoy!
By: Jordan McMillan, Digital Marketing Published:
Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start to summer. Now that the weather has finally started behaving itself, it’s time to fire up that grill! Barbeque and beer go together like peanut butter and jelly; they’re good on their own but way better when they’re together.
After you’ve filled your fridge for the long weekend, grab a can of Harpoon Summer Beer and whip up this delicious grilled chicken recipe. The marinade is extremely simple to make and packs a lot of flavor. Cilantro and the citrus from the lime complement the flavor of the beer really well resulting in chicken that is tender and juicy with a subtle beer-y aroma. With a stocked fridge and this on the grill, just add friends this holiday weekend and you’re set!
Summer Beer Lime Grilled Chicken
Serving size: 4
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 12 oz can Harpoon Summer Beer (plus one to drink while you grill!)
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh Cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Mix the lime juice, honey, beer, cilantro, garlic, and salt and pepper in a bowl until the honey dissolves. Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess marinade. Grill chicken until tender and juices run clear, about 7 minutes per side. Double and triple this marinade as necessary. Cheers!