By: Jessica Cox, Director of Harpoon Helps & Sponsorships Published:
As 2016 comes to a close, we look back and find that there’s a lot to be grateful for. We are fortunate to have such a strong community of friends that are as enthusiastic as we are, about being a good neighbor and giving back. Through Harpoon Helps, we can encourage philanthropy through events and are so proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish, together. We share our success with you and hope you can join us for a Harpoon Helps event in 2017! #harpoonhelps #tobrewandtoserve
Harpoon Helps 2017 Opportunities:
- Harpoon 5-Miler to benefit the Angel Fund: May 21, 2017
- Harpoon Point to Point presented by National Life Group: August 12, 2017
- Harpoon Octoberfest Road Race: October 8, 2017
- Harpoon Kicks Cancer: October 2017
- Harpoon Friendsgiving: November 2017
- Harpoon Movember Party: November 2017
- Harpoon Helps Spread Holiday Cheer: December 2017
By: Jordan McMillan, Digital Content Coordinator Published:
When I first heard about our new UFO Winter Seasonal, I have to admit, I was a bit…skeptical. Being someone who isn’t a big fan of coffee or coffee flavored anything, I was pretty reluctant to try it. But after trying it on a cold night, I quickly realized I had found my new winter go-to beer.
Its subtle vanilla sweetness and even more subtle hint of coffee makes it an easy drinking and extremely refreshing beer. Pair it with the vanilla and cinnamon in the banana bread and it’s a match made in wintery heaven. Impress your coworkers, win over your new boo, or just hoard it for yourself, but whatever you do, make sure to enjoy this banana bread with a pint of UFO Winter Blonde!
Makes one loaf
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup UFO Winter Blonde Ale
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Crack open a bottle of UFO Winter Blonde and take a sip.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Make sure your rack is in the middle of the oven.
- Grease a bread pan with unsalted butter and line with a thin layer of flour to make sure your bread does not stick.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs until frothy. Add the banana, melted butter, vanilla extract, and UFO Winter Blonde.
- Mix so there are no big chunks of banana and then start adding the dry mix. Mix until combined and do not over-mix.
- Fold in the walnuts with a spatula and then scrape into your prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Check the bread by using a toothpick and seeing if any liquid comes out when you poke the middle of the bread.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy with the remainder of your UFO Winter Blonde!