A Packaging Operator is responsible for running packaging equipment safely and efficiently during a given shift. The Operator will be expected to work on the Canning, Bottling and Racking lines. The Packaging Operator is responsible for ensuring the BBT’s are is spec and all QC specs are met, controlled, and documented throughout a packaging run. The Packaging Operator must aid in training and cross training on the packaging lines. The Packaging Operator will run the equipment in a way that is conducive for attaining the production schedule in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ability master all equipment including changeovers on the Bottling line, Canning line, and the racker.
- Knowledge of how to run Cip’s to start up and shut down the lines.
- Knowledge of production reporting and batch records.
- Knowledge of Micro-soft office applications.
- Ability to become forklift certified.
- Perform QC checks on Bright beer tanks
- Perform basic cellar operations such as spinning tanks, carbonating beer ect.
- Ability to learn QC checks and perform the checks throughout the run.
- Ability to follow SOP’s.
- Perform mix pack operations as needed.
- Take part in month end inventory.
- Comply with all company policies.
- Aid in training as necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with other departments.
- Work towards hitting the department goals around efficiencies, yields, and cost.
- Attending Tastings
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Repetitive handling of 20+ lbs cases.
- Minimum of 2 years packaging or 3 year manufacturing experience
- Experience in a GMP environment
- Experience following Sop’s
- Love for Beer
- Experience operating machinery
- Experience with HMI’s and or PLC equipment
- Proper use of PPE
- OSHA approved Forklift certification
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to multi-task
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Working on feet all day. Wet, cold & noisy area, working with strong chemicals.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
JOB GRADE: Firkin
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line of the email.
Please do not stop by or call.