In the heat of the summer, Harpoon’s employee owners partake in an annual homebrew showdown called the Owner’s Cup.
This year’s band of champions drew fast with a Southwestern take on the New England IPA. Brewed with a blend of tropical fruits and Citra, Mosaic, & Falconer’s Flight hops, Bandito! also packs a subtle punch of heat from the addition of real jalapeño.
Brewers: Blair Landry, Will Long, Greg Moon, & Anthony Oliverio
- Appearance: Hazy straw
- Aroma: Pineapple juice, lime zest, fresh cut grass, sugar candy
- Mouth feel: Light and soft
- Taste: Ripe mango, diced jalapeño, wheat cracker, mixed citrus
- Finish: Clean, dry, faint touch of capsaicin heat
- ALC/VOL: 7.8%
- IBU: 48
- Grain Bill: 2 Row Pale, Wheat, Flaked Corn, Buckwheat Kasha
- Hops: Citra, Mosaic, Falconer’s Flight
- Yeast: London Ale
- Specialty Ingredients: Jalapeño, Pineapple Juice, Mango Purée