Burgers. They’re the unofficial food of the summer, right? Well, whatever, we’re declaring YES, they ARE. After all, you can’t beat a burger and a beer on a warm afternoon...but, you can elevate it but putting beer into Every. Single. Part. Yeah, get ready for the ultimate beer-ger...
1 Pound of Ground Beef
3-4 Cloves Garlic
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes (more to taste)
¼ cup Harpoon IPA
Salt and pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together and form into patties. Toss on the grill!
Onion Beer Jam
3 cups Wahlbrewski (if you can't get your hands on Wahlbrewski, served only on location at Whalburgers, then you can replace with Harpoon IPA)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons molasses
1 each bay leaf
1 each cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon brown mustard seed
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
5# thinly sliced red onions
10 pieces chopped bacon
1. In large pan, sweat onions in canola oil.
2. Add smoked paprika and cook until onions are soft.
3. Add 3 cups Wahlbrewski (or IPA), reduce by 1/3
4. Add maple syrup, molasses, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, brown mustard seeds, cider vinegar, salt and reduce until almost all of the liquid is gone.
5. Last step is to add chopped, cooked bacon.
Harpoon IPA BBQ Sauce
2 cups Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue Sauce
8 oz. Harpoon IPA
¼ cups fresh orange juice
1. In a stainless steel bowl, mix together the Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue Sauce, the Harpoon IPA and the fresh orange juice.
2. Reserve and refrigerate for up to 3 days. This creates 2 ½ cups of sauce.