It's officially Christmahanukwanzakah season, what are you bringing to your next holiday bash!? If you answered beer… let’s be friends. But hey, why not take it an extra step by bringing both the beer and these delicious beer-y truffles we’ve concocted using our Harpoon Vanilla Bean Porter. Since it is the season for giving and all, give your friends and family the gift of chocolatey deliciousness. (And beer, always remember the beer).
Check out out the recipe below to make these bad boys yourself! Inspired by The Beeroness.
What you need
- Harpoon Vanilla Bean Porter
- At least 8oz quality chocolate
- Your choice of toppings
First, start by making the filling for your truffles.
1. Take 1 cup of Harpoon Vanilla Bean Porter and put it over high heat until half of it remains. The aroma of the warm vanilla makes this disappearing beer act seem slightly less tragic if you ask us.
2. Remove the beer from heat and add in your chocolate, broken into chunks and stirred until it all melts together.
3. Allow your mixture to cool at room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for two hours.
4. After the two hours is up, roll the chocolate into truffle balls with your hands. Add those to a plate and let them chill for 20 minutes to an hour.
Now - topping time! Coat your truffles with the toppings of your choice. Anything from melted chocolate and cocoa powder to crushed candy canes, sprinkles, or coconut flakes. Put the topping you want to use in a small bowl, add the chocolate truffle, and turn until it is fully coated. Wa-la! These tasty treats are best enjoyed with a pint of Harpoon Vanilla Porter and lots of friends to share with!
Be sure to show us your creations! Tag us on Instagram or Twitter at @HarpoonBrewery!