They deliver great beer and now we know they can brew it too! Harpoon Distributing Company drivers Mike Alessandro, Bill Davidson, and Nick Waitt, along with Harpoon brewer Ken Hermann took home the top beer prize in the 2015 Kettle Cup, Harpoon’s annual employee brewing competition. The team (a.k.a. “The Road Warriors”) won with this robust porter brewed with cocoa nibs and ancho and fresh poblano peppers.
Harpoon Thunder Foam is a robust porter with a roasted, earthy aroma and full body. Chocolate notes from the cocoa nibs merge with a sweet caramel character from the malt profile. The team revved it up with fresh poblano and ancho chili peppers, giving it a slight kick at the finish. Buckle up!
- Appearance: Dark brown with a tan head
- Aroma: Roasty, coffee, earthy, chocolatey, caramel, fresh peppers
- Mouthfeel: Medium-full body with moderate bitterness
- Taste: Dark toast, caramel, chocolate, and earthy pepper
- Finish: Sweet with a touch of spice