By: The Employee-Owners at Harpoon Published:
These tips + your awesomeness = #bestweekendever.
Being our 26th Harpoon Octoberfest, we’ve learned a thing or two. And since we’re friends, here are 10 Harpoon #ProTips to make this year’s Octoberfest the best yet. We’ll see you October 2nd and 3rd in Boston and October 10th and 11th in Windsor, VT!
- You’ve heard it before: “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” When you’re going to a beer festival, you will live or die by this statement. #Protip: Eat breakfast/lunch.
- Harpoon Octoberfest is rain or shine. We’re praying for sunshine, but we’ll be celebrating even if it’s pouring. #Protip: Check your weather app and plan your fab fall fashion accordingly.
- Entrance into the festival, beer tickets, and food are cash only. We have ATMs on site but why pay the fee? #Protip: Stop by the ATM before the festival.
- There will probably be lines to get in (in Boston). Even your mean tweets won’t make the lines shorter. Please note: the doors close at 9pm on Friday and 5:30pm on Saturday. #Protip: Get here early. Like really, really early.
- There’s a magical place inside the festival referred to internally as the “back bar”. This truly beautiful place has the same beer as the other two bars, with a fraction of the people. Go there and be free, friends. #Protip: Don’t forget about the 3rd bar.
- We’re all adults right? OK then. For the love of all things holy, please don't throw your cup on the ground and then stomp on it. Just don’t do it. And if you’re reading this and thinking “What kind of monster would do such a thing?!” that’s exactly what we say…every year. #Protip: Refrain from stomping on your plastic souvenir cup, you monster.
- Plan ahead so you can get back to wherever you plan on sleeping, safely. #Protip: Use public transportation or decide on a DD ahead of time.
- Nothing ruins your festival experience like having to go cell phone fishing in a porta potty. It happens every year to a handful of poor souls. Don’t be a statistic. #Protip: Remove your phone from your back pocket before you enter the porta potty.
- You can certainly show up to Harpoon Octoberfest solo, but coming with a group is recommended. They can 1. Tell you when you have mustard on your face, 2. Hold your hand as you weave through the crowd, and 3. Spot you a beer ticket when you’re in need. #Protip: come with friends, preferably your reliable, fun ones.
We love being in the Seaport. And the Seaport loves us. Help us keep the love alive by being respectful when you leave the festival. You want us to keep throwing huge festivals right?! #Protip: Have fun, drink responsibly, follow tip #6, and be respectful of our awesome neighbors.
By: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing Published:
As you transition from summer BBQs to fall tailgating and get-togethers, here’s some beerspiration for your fall cooking adventures.
Beer, Bacon & Cheese... it’s hard to think of three better things to indulge in. But when you put them all together, well, let's just say we promise that not only will your house smell delicious, but your friends will love you (not that they don't already, but you just made beery bacon cheese dip for god's sake!). This recipe is simple and the result is mouthwatering-ly good, so take 5 and give it a shot!
There’s nothing like a delicious bowl of chili on a crisp fall day. And when you’re cooking for a group of friends, it doesn’t get much easier than chili. Crock pot it up or cook over the stove top – either way, have plenty of cheese, avocado, and sour cream to go around!
This recipe by resident BBQ expert and Director of Quality, Jaime Schier, is fall-off-the-bones good. Even your “I don’t eat meat off a bone” friends might start rethinking their life choices… Enjoy!
Pumpkin everything is back! Get into the fall spirit with these simple and delicious beer cupcakes. And if you need cupcakes and you need them quick, grab a box of yellow cake mix, sub UFO Pumpkin for the liquid and you’re good to go.