As you’ve probably noticed on your visits to the Brewery, we’re always tapping unique batches from our 10 barrel pilot system for you to enjoy in the Beer Hall. Some of these beers are tests before we consider introducing a new beer. Others are simply creative experiments with brewing techniques and ingredients. As fans of our beer, we thought you might enjoy being one of the first to taste our latest test batch.
That's why we creared a monthly event at our Boston Beer Hall called Harpoon X-Night. You’ll have the unique opportunity to hear firsthand from Harpoon brewers about the beer, and try it first! We’ll then look to you for feedback with a post-event survey.
Tickets for Harpoon X-Night are first come, first served and are $20.
Your ticket includes:
- A Harpoon X-Night 16 oz mug, etched with the date of the event
- Your mug filled with the pilot beer of the night
You may purchase up to four tickets for Harpoon X-Night. During the evening, we will have our entire line up of beers and freshly baked pretzels available for purchase.
Tickets can only be purchased in advance and will not be available for sale at the door. To receive information regarding when and how to purchase tickets, make sure you are signed up for Friend of Harpoon - our free costumer loyalty program.
We won’t be releasing the featured beer in advance of these nights, so come ready for anything. Here is the 2014 Harpoon X-Night schedule:
April 23 May 28 June 18 July 22 August 27 September 16
- October 22 (Tickets on sale 10/8. Login or Become a Friend of Harpoon for details)
- November 18
- December 9
By: Carly Hagins, Design Team Published:
There’s nothing like welcoming a group of friends into your home to share a meal. And there’s nothing, in my experience, that will keep them wanting to come back more than warm, fresh bread right out of the oven (a fridge full of Harpoon is pretty compelling too, of course!)
My mom introduced me to this simple and delicious recipe a few years ago; it’s dense and flavorful, with subtle variations depending on the type of beer you use. Darker beers (like Harpoon Boston Irish Stout) will yield sweeter bread while lighter beers (like UFO White) will result in milder loaves. My go-to choice is always Harpoon IPA.
Like our beers, this beer bread is best when shared with friends.
Harpoon IPA Beer Bread
- 3 cups self-rising flour - If you don’t have self-rising flour on hand, you can simply whisk together 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 3 ¾ tsp. of baking powder, and ¾ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 12 oz. Harpoon IPA, at room temperature (opened right before using)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9"x5" loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add beer and stir with wooden spoon until all combined.
- Transfer the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool completely before slicing and enjoy!