By: Digital Marketing, Harpoon Brewery Published:
These tips + your awesomeness = #bestweekendever.
We’re turning 30 this year, and with age comes knowledge and wisdom. We’ve hosted countless festivals and we’ve learned a thing or two over the years. Since we’re friends, here are 9 Harpoon #ProTips to make this year’s HarpoonFest the best yet. We’ll see you May 20th and 21st!
- You’ve heard it before: “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” When you’re going to a beer festival, you will live or die by this statement. #Protip: Eat breakfast/lunch.
- HarpoonFest is rain or shine. We’re praying for the sunshine, but we’ll be celebrating even if it’s pouring. #Protip: Check your weather app and plan your summer fashion accordingly.
- There will probably be lines to get in. Even your mean tweets won’t make the lines shorter. Please note: the doors close at 9pm on Friday and 5:30pm on Saturday. #Protip: Get here early. Like really, really early.
- There’s a magical place inside the festival referred to internally as the “back bar”. This truly beautiful place has the same beer as the other two bars, with a fraction of the people. It's the Sweet Spot Lounge. Go there and be free, friends. #Protip: Don’t forget about the Sweet Spot Lounge.
- We are all adults’ right? OK then. For the love of all things holy, please don't throw your cup on the ground and then stomp on it. Just don’t do it. And if you’re reading this and thinking “What kind of monster would do such a thing?!” that’s exactly what we say…every year. #Protip: Refrain from throwing your plastic souvenir cup on the ground, you monster.
- Plan ahead so you can get back to wherever you plan on sleeping, safely. #Protip: Use public transportation or decide on a DD ahead of time.
- Nothing ruins your festival experience like having to go cell phone fishing in a porta potty. It happens every year to a handful of poor souls. Don’t be a statistic. #Protip: Remove your phone from your back pocket before you enter the porta potty.
- You can certainly show up to HarpoonFest solo, but coming with a group is recommended. They can 1. Tell you when you have mustard on your face, 2. Hold your hand as you weave through the crowd, and 3. Spot you a beer ticket when you’re in need. #Protip: come with friends, preferably your reliable, fun ones.
- We love being in the Seaport. And the Seaport loves us. Help us keep the love alive by being respectful when you leave the festival. You want us to keep throwing huge festivals right?! #Protip: Have fun, drink responsibly, follow tip #6, and be respectful of our awesome neighbors.
Ready for HarpoonFest?! Get the details here!
By: Harpoon Brewery + The Wild Honey Pie Published:
Your backyard party defines casual. Sometimes you don’t even make it into the yard; people are already having enough fun catching up in your kitchen. Your official guest list is small, but your doors are open to anybody that wants to share some laughs over a beer. You keep things simple: fun snacks, good people and great beer. That’s all any party really needs, and you’re ready to start right now.
Here's a playlist from The Wild Honey Pie for your next Lounge Party: