There are arguably three things that make a Game Day party great– the beer, the food, and the people you’re enjoying both with. Because you don’t have any time to waste messing around in the kitchen, we put together some easy recipes for you to try and enjoy. Find Harpoon near you with our beer finder and check out these four Game Day inspired snacks, all made with beer!
Sriracha Long Thaw Wings
Yields 4 servings
- 2 lbs. party wings
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Long Thaw White IPA
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Add the wings to a large bowl. Sprinkle with baking powder and salt, toss to coat.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet, brush with oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Place the wings on the wire rack.
- Bake in the lower section of the oven for 30 minutes. Move to the upper 1/3 of the oven, increase oven temperature to 425. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl stir together the beer, melted butter, sriracha, honey and cornstarch.
- Toss the wings in the sauce, serve warm.
Harpoon IPA Turkey Chili
Yields 6-8 servings
- 2lb. Ground dark turkey meat (or ground beef)
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 28oz can San Marzano tomatoes crushed
- 1 28oz can fire roasted tomatoes whole or crushed is fine just break up in pot
- 1 packet of chili mix (I used a spicy chili mix)
- 1 14oz can kidney beans
- 1 14.oz can pinto beans
- 1 14.oz can black beans
- 2 12oz Harpoon IPAs
- Crack open 1 Harpoon IPA to enjoy while you’re cooking!
- Chop the onion and garlic and sauté in half of a Harpoon IPA (can/bottle) over medium heat in a large stock pot until it is soft
- Add the ground meat to the stock pot in 2 batches until it is browned
- Add the tomatoes, peppers, jalapeño and the rest of the Harpoon IPA and cook over med heat until heated through.
- Drain the beans and add to the stock pot.
- Then add the seasoning packet.
- Stir in and simmer over low heat for at least an hour.
- Check it occasionally to make sure it isn't sticking or burning.
- Enjoy with avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro or tortilla chips. And another Harpoon IPA of course!
Whole Grain Beer Mustard
Yields 1 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Harpoon IPA
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Pour both types of mustard seeds into a small mixing bowl and whisk together until well blended.
2. Stir vinegar and beer into the mustard seeds until just combined.
3. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and set in a cool, dry place for 12 hours or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Stir the remaining ingredients into the mustard seed mixture and pour into a food processor.
5. Pulse mixture 5 to 6 times before running the motor for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
6. Pour mixture into a sterilized glass jar and refrigerate. For a spicier result, leave the jar of mustard at room temperature for 1 to 2 days before refrigerating.
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 oz shredded mozzarella (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 2 oz shredded cheddar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Take 5 Session IPA
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, cheddar, smoked paprika, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cornstarch and beer to a food processor. Process on high until smooth and well combined, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in most of the chopped bacon, reserving about 2 tablespoons.
- Pour the dip into an oven safe bowl top with reserved bacon.
- Bake at 350 until warmed through, about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm!
By: Harpoon Brewery Published:
We are proud to be the "official beer sponsor" for Rugged Maniac races along the east coast. Not familiar with Rugged Maniac? It’s a 3-mile course where after you rocket down a 50’ water slide, bounce on trampolines, and jump over fire, you're greeted at the finish line with a huge party (with beer, of course) hosted by yours truly.
Since nothing tastes better than a UFO White after dragging yourself and your friends through the mud, we want to give you and your friends a chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to a Harpoon-sponsored Rugged Maniac of your choice – your very own Rugged and UnFiltered adventure! That’s right, we want to fly you and three friends to one of the following Rugged Races:
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina - 3/12
Dade City, Florida - 4/23
Petersburg, Virginia - 5/7
Rockingham, North Carolina - 5/14
Mohnton, Pennsylvania - 6/11
Brooklyn, New York - 6/25
Englishtown, New Jersey, 7/9-10
Atlanta, Georgia - 8/20
Long Island, NY - 9/17
Southwick, Massachusetts - 9/24-25
Austin, Texas - 10/22
HOW TO ENTER:
Round up 3 of your friends who are ready to Get Rugged with UFO;
. Upload a photo of your team at ufobeer.com and caption with why you are the most ready for a Rugged and Unfiltered Adventure;
. Get your friends (and your friends’ friends) to vote for your team!
The team profile with the most votes by April 15th wins! We're even giving the first 25 teams who enter a UFO/Rugged Maniac swag pack that includes a trucker hat, a UFO bottle opener, and UFO koozie for every member of your team. We can’t wait to see your teams!