By: Harpoon Fan Vince B. Published:
One of the coolest things about Instagram is that we get the chance to see the millions of ways people all over are enjoying our beers. Sometimes we come across pictures of a mouthwatering dish someone made using a Harpoon beer, like the one below. Harpoon fan Vince B. kindly shared his recipe for a Harpoon Pork Roast. The recipe is super simple and his directions made us chuckle! He originally used The Long Thaw White IPA but you could try it with Harpoon IPA or Rich and Dan's Rye IPA.
Got a recipe using Harpoon that we should try? Tag us on Instagram (@harpoonbrewery) and use #harpoonbrewery!
- 2 lb. pork roast
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion, cut into rings.
- 6 pack of Rich and Dan's Rye IPA
- 3-4 bay leaves
- Browning sauce
- Olive oil
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 stick of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of flour
- Cooking twine
- Fire up that crockpot. I'm talkin' high temperature. We're trying to get this bad boy to fall apart.
- Set aside one 12oz bottle of Rye IPA, you’ll need the other 5 over the course of the next 8 hours.
- Make two or three incisions lengthwise in the roast; fill these with a few cloves of crushed (not chopped or minced) garlic and about 1 tbsp of butter.
- Wrap the pork with some cooking twine, then rub with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top, rotating as you go, and then brown (pan-sear) the roast before putting into crockpot.
- Add the remaining garlic, and your onions, potatoes, and butter into the crockpot. Add some salt and pepper and stir everything until mixed.
- Open beer fridge, gaze right over the "light beer" your estranged cousin gave you for a Christmas gift. See Rich and Dan's Rye IPA. Drink the Rye IPA.
- Add chicken stock, bay leaves, browning sauce, and brown sugar to the vegetable medley in the crockpot.
- Once the chicken stock has reduced to 2/3 its height, pour in the Rye IPA, cover, and let your roast bathe itself in the IPA.
- After 7-8 hours, eat your roast and drink another beer.
- Optional Step: remove a few ladles-full of the juice. Combine these with flour to make a gravy.
By: Harpoon Marketing Team Published:
Great news for Harpoon Brewery and JetBlue fans alike - UFO White cans are now available on all Jet Blue flights nationwide! Brewed with orange peel and coriander, our unfiltered wheat beer, UFO White, is the perfect choice while you’re 30,000+ feet in the air and thirsty for something a little different.
Enjoy a can on your next flight and share your UFO encounter with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with #UFOWhite. Cheers!