By: Julia Falk, Digital Marketing Published:
Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays you either love or hate. It’s either a day to be showered with chocolates and flowers, or it’s a 24 hour long reminder that you are… keeping your options open. Luckily, our new Imperial Cherry Chocolate Porter, Black Forest, has a little something for everyone this Valentine’s Day. A hearty base of chocolate, caramel, and Marris Otter malt is complemented by sweet cherry and cacao nibs. Clocking in at 9.8% ABV, this porter will leave you feeling loved inside and out. So whether you love to hate it or hate to love it, consider whipping up a batch of these easy to make Harpoon Black Forest Brownies! Grab a pint/growler from one of our breweries or find it soon at a store near you.
Harpoon Black Forest Brownies
Adapted slightly from here
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs,
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 22oz bottle of Harpoon Black Forest (you only need 1 ¼ cup so drink the rest while you bake!)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper; lightly grease
- Pour 2 cups Harpoon Black Forest into a medium saucepan, and simmer on medium heat until it's reduced down to 1 1/4 cups. This should take about 20minutes. Let beer cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter, dark chocolate and white chocolate chips in a double-boiler over very low heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat. You can also melt the chocolate in a microwave, microwaving on high and stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate mixture, beating until combined.
- Beat reserved flour mixture into melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in Harpoon Black Forest and vanilla. The batter will seem a bit thin but that's a good thing. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes on center rack in the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Let brownies cool, uncovered. Dust with confectioners' sugar and enjoy!
By: Jordan McMillan, Digital Marketing Published:
It’s been a rough winter in Boston and the Harpoon Road Trip team is in serious need of some sunshine. Which is why it’s time for another #HarpoonRoadTrip! For this adventure, our team will be packing their bags (swimsuits included) and heading South down Route 95.
When Rich & Dan founded the Harpoon Brewery in 1986, they wanted to build a place where beer lovers could gather, get to know their local brewery, and enjoy a pint with fellow beer lovers. The Harpoon Road Trip is a way of bringing that vision out on the road to beer lovers who may not be able to make the trip to Harpoon’s breweries in Boston, MA or Windsor, VT.
On February 17th, the Harpoon Road Trip team will head out on the 3,400 mile roundtrip journey from Boston to Key West, FL and back (with many stops in between). Office visits, Harpoon Helps charity events, tap takeovers, and hometown brewery visits are just some of the activities our team hopes to enjoy with you!
If you aren’t a Friend of Harpoon, now’s the time! Sign up for our loyalty program and take advantage of perks at each of the road trip stops. Don't forget to keep track of them on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram using #harpoonroadtrip!
Ready to join them? Here is where they are headed!
- Charleston, SC (2/18 & 2/19)
- Savannah, GA (2/20 – 2/22)
- Key West, FL (2/24 & 2/25)
- Delray Beach, FL (2/26)
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL (2/27)
- Ft. Myers, FL ( 2/28 & 3/1)