By: The Harpoon eStore Published:
From December 8th through December 19th, we’ll be celebrating our version of the 12 Days of Christmas! Come back every day for 12 days to open a new surprise gift from us. While you won’t see any deals on beer (sorry, it’s the law!) we’ll have all sorts of freebies and deals on items you'll love from our estore!
Buy the Harpoon T-Shirt Hoodie and our Red Brewer's Hat will be included for FREE!
Purchase a Wall Mounted Bottle Opener and get 20% OFF your entire order!
Purchase a Irish Road Sign w/ Mileage and get $5 OFF!
Purchase a UFO White Tap Handle and get 2 FREE UFO White Glasses!
Purchase a Navy IPA T-Shirt and get $5 OFF the Orange IPA Hat!
Get Brewsees Bottle Opener Sunglasses for 20% OFF!
Buy an IPA Tap Handle and get a sleeve of Harpoon Coasters FREE!
Buy our Knit Hat and Scarf Combo and get a Bartender Bottle Opener FREE. Plus, everything ships free!
Buy one Klean Kanteen Water Bottle and get the second for 50% OFF!
Want to snag these deals for free?
1. Follow us on Instagram
2. Love the picture of the day
3. Tag three of your friends in your comment!
Every day at 1 PM, we’ll Instagram the gift of the day. You’ll have 24 hours to enter and we’ll pick one lucky winner at random and mail you the prize!
By: Jordan McMillan, Digital Marketing Published:
Whatever blast of cold is invading your space we promise this Shepherd’s pie will warm you up. When you get it at a restaurant it always seems so fancy and unattainable! But after doing our due diligence (aka Pinterest surfing) we decided to give it a shot with Harpoon IPA in the mix and were pleasantly surprised at how simple it was! Combine that with a cold IPA and you’ve got yourself an easy and delicious, savory meal!
Harpoon IPA Shepherd’s Pie
Loosely adapted from The Rebel Chick
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped (or frozen) carrots
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 4 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional but come on!)
- 1 can of Harpoon IPA
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and quarter potatoes, boil for about 20 minutes until tender.
- While your potatoes are cooking, add onion, peas, corn and carrots to a frying pan with the olive oil and ¼ cup of Harpoon IPA and sauté until the onions are clear.
- Add the ground beef and garlic and sauté until cooked through. Add the salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper and another ¼ cup of Harpoon IPA and stir to mix. Let the beer soak into the meat for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to your liking. I use 1/2 a stick of butter, 1/4 cup milk and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour your beef mixture into baking dish and strain out some of the liquid.
- Add heaping spoonfuls of mashed potatoes on top of the meat & vegetables. Make sure that the mashed potatoes are distributed as evenly as possible. Cover mashed potatoes with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
Best enjoyed with a cold Harpoon IPA!