By: By Hannah and Nick, Riverbend Taps & Beer Garden Published:
By now, you’ve hopefully enjoyed a pint or two of 100 Barrel Series Beer #56 Thunder Foam – a robust porter brewed with cocoa nibs and fresh poblano and ancho chili peppers.
Thunder Foam finishes sweet with a touch of spice, making it the perfect companion for your next pulled pork venture. The staff from Harpoon Riverbend Taps & Beer Garden at our brewery in Windsor, VT created this delicious crock-pot pulled pork recipe that capitalizes on the chocolate notes from the cocoa nibs and the kick from the peppers. And the great thing about crock-pots? The whole set-and-forget premise, allows for more drink-and-repeat with friends. Hurry though, this beer won’t be around forever… Enjoy!
Thunder Foam Pulled Pork
- 1 pork boneless loin roast (1 1/2 to 2 lb), trimmed of fat
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce (we recommend Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet 'n Spicy)
- ¼ cup of your favorite hot sauce, or to taste
- 12 oz Harpoon Thunder Foam
- Place pork in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with fajita seasoning. Top with BBQ sauce, hot sauce, and beer. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred pork using 2 forks; return pork to cooker and mix well.
- Enjoy in tacos, on a bun, in a salad, or eat straight from the crock-pot (no judgment). Enjoy!
By: Harpoon Brewery Published:
In January we kicked off a promotion encouraging fans to show us how they live our motto, “Love Beer. Love Life.” for a chance to win an all-expenses paid trip for four to our Boston Brewery for HarpoonFest May 20-21. We have loved seeing what our motto means to you. To us it embodies our pride in not only brewing great beer but enjoying the experiences that get paired with it - and as you all showed us, those experiences can be endless! Whether it’s at a cabin weekend with friends, jacuzzi-side with your main squeeze, or hanging out with your bestie in a bathtub filled with IPAs, we were blown away by all the cool places you bring Harpoon.
While everyone that entered is a winner in our hearts, and we wish we could fly you all to Boston, there can only be one “official” winner. We are excited to announce that Instagram fan @cher1136 was randomly selected as the winner of the 2016 #LoveBeerLoveLife Sweepstakes with this winning photo! Congratulations, @cher1136!
The sweepstakes might be over but we encourage you to keep sharing your #LoveBeerLoveLife moments with us all year long on Twitter and Instagram. You never know, we might share your photo or even send you a surprise for sharing. We hope to see you all at HarpoonFest this May!
>>> Check out all of the #LoveBeerLoveLife entries!